Port: Ningbo or Shanghai, China
Production Capacity: 500000000PCS/Season
Payment Terms: L/C, T/T, D/P, Western Union, Paypal, Money Gram
Material: SmCo Magnet
Application: Speaker Magnet, Industrial Magnet, Solenoid, Motor Magnet
Grade: Sm2co17 SmCo5
HS Code: 8505111000
Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) arc motor magnets are composed of Samarium, Cobalt and other metallic rare earth materials. These rare earth magnets are very strong and metallic in terms of appearance and metallic properties. These magnets can be simple shapes or made according to customer needs.
There are two families of SmCo materials. The Sm2Co17 magnets show the highest magnetic performance at elevated temperatures. Magnets based on SmCo5 offer easy magnetizing in moderate fields and the best corrosion resistance of all rare earth magnets.
SmCo is a high performance, low temperature coefficient permanent magnet with its high working temperature 350°C. When working above 180 °C, its maximum energy product BH and steady temperature are superior than NdFeB magnetic materials. Sintered SmCo needn’t to be coated because it is difficult to be eroded and oxidized.
Although Surface coating or plating is not generally required for SmCo magnet, all kinds of surface coating are also available, like Nickel, Zn, Ni-Cu-Ni, Gold, Silver, Sn,Chrome, ABS coating, Rubber coating, PTFE(Telfon) coating, stainless steel case and Epoxy coating etc.
- SmCo magnet is suitable for machines with high magnetic requirement and good for strict working environment requirement.
- SmCo arc motor magnets are hard and brittle and may chip or break if dropped.
- SmCo arc motor magnets have high magnetic properties.
- SmCo arc motor magnets offer good thermal stability.
- SmCo arc motor magnets are resistant to corrosion,high working temperature.
- SmCo arc motor magnets resistant to demagnetization.
Processing of Samarium Cobalt Magnet
- The production process of samarium cobalt magnets: ingredients → smelting ingots → powder making → profiling → sintering and tempering → magnetic inspection → grinding processing → pin cutting processing → finished product.
These alloys are usually processed in a non-magnetized state. Samarium cobalt uses wet fine grinding (water-cooled heat dissipation) and diamond grinding wheels. This process is required if drilling holes or other functional limitations. The grinding waste produced must not be completely dried, because samarium cobalt has a low ignition point. A small spark, such as production with static electricity, can easily burn. The temperature generated by a fire can be very high and difficult to control.
Prospect of SmCo Arc Motor Magnet
As the second strongest magnetism magnet, samarium cobalt was developed and put into operation in 1970. In 2012, the high iron concentration SmCo for generators was developed. The magnet adopted the thermal technology, so that the SmCo whose magnetic force was weaker than NdFeB became better than the heat resistant NdFeB in the environment above 100ºC.
In order to increase the magnetic force, the research and & development staff increased the proportion of iron from 15% to 20% even 25%, and the temperature, time and pressure were adjusted in sintering to reduce the effect of oxides and other factors which block the increase of magnetism. The newly developed SmCo will completely make a great difference after alloying modification.
China SmCo Magnet Manufacturer www.rizinia.com supplies SmCo Arc Motor Magnet, SmCo Motor Magnet for scientific experiments or for industrial applications, in kinds of materials such as NdFeB/NIB/neodymium iron boron, etc.
This product is not a toy and is not to be used by children.
Advantages of SmCo Arc Motor Magnet
- 1. Very good coercivity.
- 2. Good temperature stability (maximum use temperature is 250 to 550℃, Curie temperature is from 700 to 800℃).
- 3. It has strong anti-corrosion and oxidation resistance, no surface anti-corrosion treatment is required, and the magnet can be used for a long time.
- 4. Very low temperature coefficient, generally -0.030%/K.
- 5. High magnetic performance (high remanence, high coercivity, high energy product), the room temperature magnetic performance of samarium cobalt magnets reaches 35MGOe, which is only lower than neodymium iron boron magnets and much higher than other magnets.
Disadvantages of cobalt magnets
- Handling of cobalt magnets is easy to break. When handling them, goggles must be worn.
- Bumping magnets together may cause radial shattering, which may cause potential hazards.
- Cobalt magnets are manufactured by a process called coupling, which is made by sintering all materials, and cracks are very likely to occur inside. Vertical does not have mechanical integrity, only the function of preparing a magnetic field. Therefore, a special mechanical system must be designed to give the overall system sufficient mechanical reliability.
- It is expensive and vulnerable to price fluctuations (cobalt market price sensitive).
Application of SmCo Arc Motor Magnet
Widely used in apparatus and instruments where a strong magnetic field is needed:
- National Defense Industry
- Microwave device
- Medical instruments
- Magnetic pump
- Various sensors
- Magnetic separation
- Magnetic suckers
- Magnetic therapy
- High-end motors and other industries
Magnetic properties and physical properties
|Material||Grade||Residual magnetic induction/Br||Coercivity/Hcb||Intrinsic coercivity/Hcj||Maximum magnetic energy product/(BH)max||Remanence temperature coefficient/αBr||Maximum working temperature/Max||Curie point||Density/ρ||Bending strength||Compressive strength||Young’s modulus||Webster Hardness||Resistivity||Thermal Conductivity||Thermal expansion coefficient/℃||Specific heat|
|Temperature compensation magnet||GSM-18D||0.80～0.90||557～677||≥1433||127～159||0.045*(1)||350|